Writing Original Topics
A short primer
Tuesday 20th August 2002
Nowadays, it’s hard to come up with original topics to write about. There are millions of articles, e-zines and web sites packed with information. One of the easiest ways to come up with new subjects to write about is to bundle different topics together.
Below are eight ideas for bundling topics together:
1. Combine your information with new solutions. For example, there are many solutions to get out of debt. If you can think up a new one write about it.
2. Incorporate your information with original fiction. For example, if your topic is fishing, write a fictional story about it.
3. Conjoin your information with an unrelated topic. For example, you could combine chemistry and web marketing together.
4. Link your information with new ideas. For example, if you are writing about typewriters, tell people the difference between them and computers.
5. Connect your information with a new market. For example, you could write about improving your psychic skills targeted at coaches who want to improve their play calling.
6. Merge your information with current news stories. For example, relate your subject to any of the top news stories that will be ongoing for awhile.
7. Blend your information with real life. For example, combine your subject with real life interviews, stories, opinions and personal experiences.
8. Relate your information with new examples. For example, they’re thousands of books on marketing but most of them use different examples to make you understand.
Don’t limit yourself to only these eight ideas. There are millions of information topics that can help you to brainstorm new writing ideas.